August 13, 2017
Hysham (6U7) Fly-In
- The Hysham airport fly-in and drive-in will be on Sunday, August 13th from 7 a.m. to noon. The breakfast is a fundraiser for the Hysham Lions Club. Cost is $8 and will include pancakes, ham, eggs, coffee, and juice.
Contact airport manager, Bob Miller, with questions at 406-342-5252.
August 18-20, 2017
The 15th Annual Montana Fun Weekend Fly-In and Car Show
- The 15th Annual Montana Fun Weekend Fly-In and Car Show will be held at the Cut Bank Airport. Breakfast available Saturday and Sunday. Burn-out contest and movie Friday night. Car, motorcycle, and air-plane show and shine Saturday. Concessions onsite Saturday.
Call Roy at 406-450-1078 for more information.
September 8-10, 2017
Search Pilot Clinic
Fort Peck, MT
- The 2017 MDT Aeronautics Search Pilot Clinic will be conducted at the Fort Peck airport, 37S, the weekend of September 8-10th. The purpose of the course is to provide volunteer search pilots and observers the skills necessary to be successful in the Montana Air Search and Rescue system. Ground school will begin at 5 p.m. on Friday and cover Air Search and Rescue Organization, How to Fly Search Patterns, and Use of Mobile Devices in Air Search. Each student will receive about 3 hours of dual instruction from well-qualified, high-time CFIs in Cessna 182 and 206 airplanes in flights on Saturday and Sunday. Field exercises in the use of direction finding equipment and survival skills will be conducted when students are not taking flight instruction.
- Cost of the course is $140, or $70 for the ground portion only.
- Accommodations available at the Fort Peck Hotel, 175 South Missouri Street, Fort Peck, MT 59223, Phone: 406-526-3266, Toll-free: 800-560-4931, Email: .
- Search Pilot Clinic Registration Form
For more information or call him at 406-444-9568.
September 9, 2017
Annual Missoula General Aviation BBQ
- From 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. This free event is sponsored by the Missoula airport at the brand new EAA Chapter 517 hangar.
For further information, contact Contact Gary Matson at 406-370-6584.